Military expert commented on US withdrawal from the INF Treaty
Director of the Center for Military-Political Studies MGIMO Alexei Podberezkin in a conversation with RT commented on the decision of the United States unilaterally withdraw from the Treaty on the Elimination of Intermediate-Range and Short-Range Missiles.
“Russia's position on this issue reflects reality. The fact is that at the time the Treaty was directed against the means that were capable of delivering a sudden disarming strike, when the time in the summer was reduced to a minimum. Accordingly, this provoked a forward strike. Missiles threatened strategic stability. And now this criterion is absolutely undermined by the actions of the United States, ”the expert believes.
According to him, Washington’s position on the issue of the treaty cannot but bother Moscow, because, “in fact, it is a provocation.”
“Russia needs to look for some options, because now there is a game in the peepers, who will blink first. And this is very dangerous, ”Podberezkin concluded.
Earlier, Russian leader Vladimir Putin said that Russia could not ignore the state of affairs after the United States ’departure from the INF Treaty and be content with declarations of peace from Washington and its allies.
- In Sovfede commented on the situation with the US exit from the INF Treaty 1 month
- In the State Duma commented on the situation with the exit of the USA from the INF Treaty 1 month
- "Dismantling the arms control system": how the US withdrawal from the INF Treaty can affect global security 1 month
- “Responsibility is entirely on the American side”: Putin warned of the consequences of a unilateral US withdrawal from the INF Treaty 1 month
- Patrushev explained US withdrawal from INF Treaty with desire to achieve superiority 1 month
- "The United States seeks military superiority in the world": Patrushev on America's withdrawal from the INF Treaty 1 month
- “They will deploy weapons anywhere”: Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation - on the US withdrawal from the INF Treaty 1 month
- Bolton called the actions of China one of the reasons for the US withdrawal from the INF Treaty 1 month