The Russian Embassy has evaluated the new package of US sanctions in the case of Skripale
The Russian embassy in Washington commented on the decision of the United States to impose a second package of sanctions against Moscow in connection with the case of poisoning a former GRU officer, Sergei Skripal, and his daughter Yulia.
The Russian diplomatic mission stressed that the United States decided to take over the functions of the supreme arbiter and appoint the perpetrators despite the fact that there is still no evidence of Moscow’s involvement in the poisoning of Skripale.
“Washington has decided to assign itself the functions of a super-police and supreme arbiter, who is given the right to appoint the perpetrators and use reprisals against them,” the statement said RIA Novosti.
The ministry stressed that Britain is refusing to cooperate with Russia in investigating the incident, and also reminded of the presumption of innocence, which the US continues to ignore.
“The United States has once again demonstrated to the whole world the devil-may-care attitude to such fundamental principles of a law-based state as the presumption of innocence and the need to bear the burden of proving the charges,” the representative office of Russia in Washington noted.
- Foreign Ministry responded to the new US sanctions in the case of Skripale 2 months
- In the Federation Council evaluated the reports of the second package of US sanctions in the case of Skripale 2 months
- The State Duma appreciated reports of new US sanctions in the case of Skripale 2 months
- Politico: US introduced new sanctions against Russia in the case of Skripale 2 months
- The State Duma explained the new US sanctions in the case of Skripale 2 months
- The Russian Embassy commented on new US sanctions 2 months
- Zakharova: new US sanctions prove the fabrication of the Skripale case 2 months