Sources revealed to the island that the report of the Commission investigating the dismantling of the sit-in which was before the General Command of the army in the Sudanese capital Khartoum indicated that the investigation included brigades in the rapid support forces, led by Mohamed Hamdan Hamidti, Vice-President of the Transitional Military Council.
The Sudanese Attorney General Alwaleed Mohammed received on Sunday the report of the Commission of Inquiry into the events of the sit-in, which took place on the third of June last, and resulted in the wounding and killing dozens of protesters.
The Attorney-General said in a statement to the Sudanese News Agency that he will announce some features of the report in a way that does not prejudice the conduct of justice. He stressed that the Commission of Inquiry has performed its work with complete independence, without any influence from any side.
The current committee was formed following the dissolution of another committee set up by the Attorney-General to investigate the pre-sit-in violence, including representatives of the armed forces, security, the prosecution and other relevant bodies.
The commission of inquiry set up by the Attorney General began questioning a number of witnesses in the events that took place in the sit-in square in front of the General Command in Khartoum one day before it was dissolved. Over the course of her working days, the Commission interviewed 20 witnesses and received video clips of the sit-in.
Earlier on Friday, the head of the Transitional Military Council, General Abdul Fattah al-Burhan, denied in media statements that the leaders of the council had been instructed to break the sit-in, but admitted that senior officers were involved in the operation.
On the other hand, the meetings of the Sudanese parties in Addis Ababa entered a critical stage, with reports of consensus on most outstanding issues. The meetings of the leaders of the Justice and Equality Movement, the Popular Movement - the Northern Sector, and the Revolutionary Front took place on Sunday.
A well-informed source, who participated in the meetings, revealed the compatibility between the Revolutionary Front and the forces of the Declaration of Freedom and Change on the general principles of transitional administration.
"The differences between the parties are procedural and not substantive," Al-Jazeera correspondent Jibril Ibrahim was quoted as saying, adding that his movement "is determined to push for silencing the voice of the gun and promoting peace in Sudan."
According to informed sources, there is agreement to include the comments of the Front in the constitutional declaration that is expected to be signed later. The sources added that the two sides were still different on the issue of giving priority to the formation of the government or peace-building measures.
The political agreement on the transitional phase, in the most prominent items, stipulates the formation of a council of sovereignty (the highest authority in the Sudan) of 11 members, five of whom are chosen by the military council and five civilians chosen by the forces of change, as well as a civilian figure chosen by consensus between the parties.
A military member shall preside over the Council for a period of 21 months from the signing of the Agreement, followed by the Presidency of a civilian member for the remaining 18 months of the transitional period.
Dead and dead
On Sunday, the Central Sudan Doctors' Committee accused the SPLA of causing the death of a young man after being tortured during his detention in the central city of Dilling, condemning the practices of the security services against the citizens.
The committee said in a statement on its Facebook page that Hassan Sharafuddin died after his arrest three days ago and subjected to torture in the offices of the Security and Intelligence in the city of Dilling in the southern state of Kordofan.
The Committee did not clarify the circumstances and reasons for which Sharafuddin was arrested. "The practices of the hideous intelligence service continue to take the lives of citizens in illegal ways and not subject to fair trials."
Khartoum and several cities in the country on Sunday held protest vigils in solidarity with "victims of torture, rape and abuse" in response to a call by the forces of the Declaration of Freedom and Change.
Dozens of demonstrators held banners calling for justice and punishment for the victims of the violations. They also included the cities of Damazin, Sinar, Sinjah, Suki (southeast), Atbara (north) and Rabak (south).