In the US Congress approved the amendment on sanctions against the Russian government debt
The United States House of Representatives approved an amendment to the draft defense budget for the 2020 fiscal year, including, inter alia, the imposition of sanctions on the Russian government debt.
Reports about it C-Span.
It is noted that the authors of the initiative were the Democrats Bradley Sherman and Maxine Waters.
“This amendment implies real, serious sanctions against the Russian state and assumes that no American citizen will be able to make new deals with the sovereign debt of Russia,” RIA Novosti quotes Sherman.
According to him, the document also provides for a mechanism for lifting the sanctions, if the US is convinced that Russia has not influenced the American presidential race of 2016.
The draft budget itself has not yet been approved.
Earlier it was reported that a group of Democratic congressmen had proposed expanding anti-Russian sanctions for “interfering” in elections, directing them against Russia's sovereign debt and investment in LNG projects.
In April, the report of Special Prosecutor Robert Muller, who was investigating "Russian interference" in the American elections, was published in the United States.
After reviewing the document, the Russian Foreign Ministry stated that there was not a single evidence of Moscow’s “interference” in the course of the campaign.
- The State Duma appreciated the US-approved amendment on sanctions against the national debt of Russia 5 days
- "The desire to press and gain an advantage": the US House of Representatives approved the amendment on sanctions against Russia 4 days
- The Kremlin has estimated the US amendment on sanctions against the national debt of Russia 4 days
- The State Duma appreciated the US-approved amendment on sanctions against the national debt of Russia 4 days
- EU approved sanctions against Turkey 1 day