The controversial fighter leaves the ring .. Is it retirement or review?

Irishman Connor McGregor announced Tuesday his retirement from mixed martial arts (MMA) after a bus race during which he played 24 games in which he lost only three.


Irishman Connor McGregor announced Tuesday his retirement from mixed martial arts (MMA) after a bus race during which he played 24 games in which he lost only three.

"I decided to retire from the sport, officially known as Mixed Martial Arts, starting today," said the former UC champion, who has won the UC Cup in two different competitions: Badminton and Lightweight at his official Twitter account. "I hope all my old colleagues go ahead with the competition. Now I will join former colleagues in deciding to retire. "

The 30-year-old McGregor suffered his fourth defeat last year at the hands of Dagestan fighter Habib Nurmmadov, still playing the public and interested in the game, provoking much controversy and giving the fighters world-wide fame.

The Irish fighter - controversial - won 21 out of 24 games in mixed martial arts, while the fourth loss was in boxing.

McGregor's first loss in mixed martial arts dates back to 2008, when MacGregor lost an unknown fighter, Lithuanian Artemi Sitankov.

In 2010, fighter Joseph Duffy-McGregor needed only 30 seconds to oust the latter, the fastest defeat McGregor had ever suffered.

McGregor's first loss after 15 victories culminated in the "king" of mixed martial arts, by American Knight Diaz, who outperformed the Irishman in the second round in Las Vegas, but McGregor returned in August 2016, avenging Diaz and his defeat in Nazzal is still an upbeat talk of this type of sport so far.

When McGregor tried to get out of the mantle of mixed martial arts and go to boxing, his American hero, Floyd Mayother, taught him a lesson and beat him in the 10th round.

The Irish fighter had already been charged in April 2018 after police said he attacked a bus in New York carrying a group of mixed martial arts fighters. The Irish wrestler later pleaded guilty.

In another incident, McGregor was detained by police in Florida this month after he smashed the mobile phone to a cheerleader after trying to take a picture.

This is the second time McGregor has announced his "retirement", as he has done so one month after losing to Knight Diaz in March 2016 but retreated and won the same contender later this year. Is this scenario repeated again?

REF: https://sport.aljazeera.net/news/pages/d4a44732-2b57-4f45-bc90-4c4e91980f11