Maduro announced the "victory" of Venezuela at a meeting of the UN Security Council
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro considers US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s departure from the UN Security Council meeting a “victory” for Caracas.
He said this during a meeting with young people.
“I ask for loud applause for Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza, we won the UN, a great victory with the support of most of the countries of the UN Security Council. Mike Pompeo left the meeting, ”quotes Maduro RIA Novosti.
Earlier, Pompeo called on the UN countries to disconnect "financial systems from the Maduro regime."
In turn, Maduro said that during the UN Security Council meeting, Venezuela vigorously and clearly expressed its truth to the world.
Nikita Danyuk, Deputy Director of the Institute of Strategic Studies of the RUDN University, in an interview with FBA “Economy Today”, assessed options for the development of events in Venezuela.
- Maduro: Venezuela has expressed its truth to the world at the UN Security Council 9 months
- Venezuela: UN Security Council meeting in a very tense atmosphere 9 months
- UN Security Council endorses US agenda for Venezuela 9 months
- Government: US request UN Security Council meeting on Venezuela 9 months
- The United States requested a meeting of the UN Security Council on Venezuela 9 months