<Anchor>



I told you earlier that it is the first time in 24 years that the price level has risen to the 6% level, but the rate of inflation that people feel physically is probably much higher than that number.



There are also a lot of criticisms that the government's investigation method does not reflect reality properly, and reporter Han Seung-gu pointed out the reason.



<Reporter>



Mr. Lee Seong-min, who drives a food truck and travels across the country, is too burdensome for prices.



Diesel has long been more expensive than gasoline.



Meat, potatoes and onion prices have also risen significantly.



[Lee Seong-min/Food truck operation: (The price of meat) traded between 12,000 won and 16,000 won per kg, but now it is almost over 20,000 won.]



Mr. Lee, who works for delivery, also It is not easy to cope with rising oil prices.



The daily driving distance of Mr. Lee, who adds oil every day, is about 100-200 km.



[Mr. Lee/Delivery worker: There is a difference of more than 4,000 won in one day based on the standard of filling it up...

I think the difference is about 100,000 won per month.]


Enlarging an image

However, the share of this oil price in the consumer price index has rather decreased.



The CPI calculates price fluctuations by weighting all 458 items. This is because the proportion of diesel and gasoline was reduced when international oil prices were low during the reorganization at the end of last year.



Housing costs are not fully reflected.


Enlarging an image

The share of housing cost in the CPI is 5.4% for jeonse and 4.4% for monthly rent, for a total of 9.8%.



Compared to the United States and other developed countries, the proportion is significantly lower.



This is because the cost of living in one's own house and the cost of own housing are excluded.



[Kim Sang-bong / Professor of Economics, Hansung University: Our inflation started with real estate.

However, the cost of owning housing is excluded from the consumer price index.

Even with an inflation rate of 6%, it is difficult to feel it.

The perceived price is actually much higher than that.]



In fact, some argue that the consumer price index will be 1.5 to 2% higher than the government announcement.



The National Statistical Office is aware of the need for reform, but is of the view that consultation with other ministries is necessary first.



(Video coverage: Yang Hyun-cheol, Writer: Kim Yu-mi, Video editing: Kim Cho-a, CG: Sung Jae-eun, Ahn Ji-hyeon, Jeon Hae-ri)

Keywords: