<Anchor> It

has been three days since a fire broke out at the Coupang Logistics Center in Icheon, Gyeonggi-do. Most of the flames have been extinguished, but there are still embers between the items piled up inside. It is difficult to enter the building, so the search for missing firefighters has not been done yet. We connect reporters who are at the scene of the fire.

Reporter Chan-beom Park, how is the situation at the scene?


I've been watching the scene here since the night of last night (18th), and I could see flames inside the building from time to time from the outside, and even now, white smoke is coming out from all over the building.

The total of the equipment mobilized here is close to 200, and the firefighters were spraying water on the exterior walls of the building with their eyes open all night.

Fortunately, most of the fires have been contained and are unlikely to spread further.

The fire department said earlier that there were 16.2 million parcels loaded here, but the volume alone amounts to 53,000 cubic meters.

As a result, there are still embers between the items loaded inside, so it will take a little longer for the lights to go out completely.


I'm worried about the missing firefighter, when will the search start?


For now, the priority should be building safety inspection to the missing firefighter job search.

For this purpose, it is possible to enter the interior only after determining whether there is a risk of building collapse in advance.

The building safety inspection committee consists of a total of five people, consisting of two firefighters, an architectural and structural engineer from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Technology, an officer in charge of the Homeland Safety Management Service, and a special safety inspector from the Gyeonggi Provincial Government.

If they determine that it is possible to enter the building, a search operation will begin for the missing fire cop Kim Mo, a rescue officer at the Gyeonggi Gwangju Fire Station.

The police also set up a dedicated investigation team of 25 people.

When the fire is extinguished, the police will conduct an on-the-spot investigation and investigate allegations that some sprinklers did not work.