<Anchor> On the

morning of the 6th, a fire, believed to be a gas explosion, broke out in an apartment in Seongbuk-gu, Seoul.

A fire spread around, injuring 9 residents, and about 40 people who were damaged stayed in temporary facilities while restoration work was in progress.

Reporter Choi Sun-gil covered it.


Red flames are burning inside the house, and black smoke erupts out of the veranda.

[(It says people were trapped….) The crew went up, rescuers.]

Around 7:45 this morning, a fire broke out in an apartment on the 15th floor in Jeongneung-dong, Seoul.

After a big explosion on the 6th floor, the fire started.

[Go Seo-young/Apartment resident: When I got up and opened the door, the wall was flying away, the front door was bursting outside, and the situation in the house

was upset, so I

brought my family out.] The

kimchi refrigerator flew to this place, tens of meters away from the accident, and the explosion shock was so great that it fell down. It.

The fire spread through the veranda to the next door and the upper house, injuring 9 residents.

A man in his 70s who lived in a house where the fire started and a woman in his 60s neighbor who had asthma are seriously injured.

There was even a power outage due to an explosion shock.

When the elevator stopped, six residents who were trapped were rescued.

The fire was completely extinguished in two hours, and the fire department incurred an estimated 120 million won in property damage.

More than 40 apartment residents affected by the fire stayed in temporary facilities during the restoration work.

The police and fire departments view the explosion caused by a gas leak as the cause of the fire, and it was confirmed that gas safety checks by household were carried out yesterday in this apartment.

It is not known whether the gas valve was opened or closed at the time of the accident.

(Video coverage: Yang Doo-won, video editing: Park Ji-in)