relation to the assault case of a taxi driver by Deputy Minister of Justice Lee Yong-gu, the police have revealed that the investigation centered on the statement because they were unable to check the black box video.
However, the taxi driver said yesterday (the 23rd) that'I have shown a black box video to the police', and the police admitted this lately and ordered a person in charge.
Reporter Kim Min-jeong.
Taxi driver A, who was assaulted by Vice Minister of Justice Lee Yong-gu, visited the police station on November 11 last year, five days after the incident.
Mr. A told SBS reporters that he showed the 30-second black box video of the assault situation to the investigator in charge.
The day after the incident, a black box restoration company checked the video and took it with a mobile phone.
At the time, the investigator who watched the video said, "The taxi is standing right" and said, "I will just not watch the video," A claimed.
Mr. A continued, "I wish the police asked for it, but the police officer did not ask for it."
Meanwhile, the police have said that as one of the reasons for taking Lee's charges free of charge, "it was difficult to grasp the situation just by making a statement because there was no video at the time."
After Mr. A's allegations were made public, the Seoul Police Agency held an emergency meeting last night and admitted that "it was found to be true that the investigator in charge of the case saw the video."
The Seoul Police Agency announced that the investigator in charge of the case that saw the video was on standby and that it has formed a fact-finding team to investigate the exact facts.
The prosecution has already secured the black box video, and it is expected to speed up the investigation of the investigation suspicion by additionally confirming the details of the police's explanation.