The acquaintances of a public official who died after being hit by North Korea said in a maritime police investigation that they usually did not notice any signs of North Korea.

The maritime police have requested the military authorities for data that Mr. Lee determined to have fled North Korea, and are continuing to find Lee's body or belongings in the sea near the disappearance point.

This is reporter Ahn Hee-jae.

<Reporter> About

12:50 pm on the 21st when a report of the disappearance of Lee, an official from the Ministry of Maritime Affairs, was received.

In the search of the ship, Mr. Lee's cell phone was not found and the power was turned off.

As a result of the investigation by the Coast Guard, it is said that Lee spoke on the phone with at least two or three acquaintances on the night of the 20th, the day before his disappearance, and the acquaintances stated that "there were no signs of North Korea."

Mr. Lee, who was on duty just before his disappearance, confirmed that he turned on a public PC on board, but there were no traces of working on documents or searching for anything, the Haekyung said.

The Coast Guard is carrying out a CCTV repair work on the broken ship, and is checking whether there is a record of searches related to North Korea on the PCs of the ships Lee has boarded in the past.

In addition, he went to the Joint Chiefs of Staff and requested an official request for information on the situation in North Korea, Lee said to have been secured by the military authorities.

The military authorities immediately refused to provide the information and are in a position to decide whether to provide the data the day after after an internal discussion.

Searches on the sea near Yeonpyeong Island are also continuing.

30 ships and two helicopters, including the navy and maritime warships, are being put in and looking for Lee's body and belongings, which may float along the tide.

The fishing guidance ship Mugunghwa 10, which Mr. Lee rode, is scheduled to arrive in Mokpo, Jeollanam-do, the morning of departure after a two-day seascape survey.