Tesla produced 102,672 new cars in the first quarter of this year, of which 88,400 were delivered. The brand experienced its best first quarter yet.
Tesla also produced and delivered more cars than analysts predicted. In the same period last year, the number of deliveries was still 63,000 vehicles.
However, the number of deliveries lags behind the fourth quarter of 2019, when Tesla shipped a record 112,000 copies.
Tesla splits the numbers into two model lines: that of the Model S and Model X on the one hand, and that of the Model 3 and Model Y on the other. A total of 15,390 copies of the Model S and Model X ran, with 12,200 deliveries.
87,282 examples of the Model 3 and Model Y were built. Production of the Model Y did not start until March, so this mainly concerns copies of the Model 3. The number of deliveries ended at 76,200 units.
The Tesla Model 3 was the most registered model in the Netherlands in March with 1,339 copies.
Objective uncertain due to consequences of COVID-19 pandemic
Production in the United States is now halted due to the coronavirus outbreak. The Model 3 is still off the production line in China.
For this year Tesla, partly due to the arrival of the Model Y, assumed 500,000 copies sold. Whether that can still be achieved is questionable given the production stop and economic downturn in the world.
Also look at AutoWeek.nl
Follow the latest developments around the virus in our live blog.
The coronavirus in short
- The coronavirus mainly spreads from person to person via sneezing and cough drops. The chance of becoming infected through surfaces such as door handles is small. This chance decreases if you wash your hands often.
- You can considerably reduce the chance of spreading by keeping at least 1.5 meters away from others.
- The corona measures have resulted in an infected person infecting less than one other person on average. Previously, this so-called reproduction number was between two and three.
- The vast majority of patients have mild (flu-like) complaints.
- Almost all deaths involve the elderly or other vulnerable persons, such as heart, lung or diabetes patients. If everyone complies with the measures, this reduces their risks.
- Read here what precautions you should take.