Nordic Ski World Cup 2019: Gold for the German ski jumpers in the team competition
After the double success of Markus Eisenbichler and Karl Geiger on the large hill, the German ski jumpers in the team competition have refilled and won the gold medal.
The ski jumpers Karl Geiger, Richard Friday, Stephan Leyhe and Markus Eisenbichler have won the team competition at the Nordic World Ski Championships confidently. Only one day after the double success of Eisenbichler and Geiger in singles jumping, the team of national coach Werner Schuster prevailed more than 50 points ahead of Austria. Bronze went to Japan.
The German ski jumpers had already won the first round of the large hill in Innsbruck with about 13 meters (487.0 points) ahead of Austria (462.8) and Japan (454.2). After completing the second round, the team around final jumper Eisenbichler had further extended the lead to 987.5 points (Austria: 930.9, Japan: 920.2).
The German ski jumpers have won team gold at the Nordic World Ski Championships for the first time since 2001. Eisenbichler follows in the footsteps of Martin Schmitt with his single gold: The Black Forest was in 2001 as the last remaining German Springer World Champion in both individual and with the team.
- Nordic Ski World Cup 2019 live: Who will win the ski 4 months
- Nordic Ski World Cup 2019: Follow the Nordic Combined in the Liveticker 4 months
- Nordic Ski World Cup 2019: Carl surprisingly fifth in the sprint 4 months
- Nordic Ski World Cup: German ski jumpers win first team competition 4 months
- Nordic Ski World Cup: German ski jumpers win gold 4 months