European Championship qualification: Netherlands, Belgium and Croatia win
In the European Championship qualification, the Netherlands had no major problems against Belarus. Belgium and Croatia were even harder in their opening matches.
The Netherlands won their first match of the European Championship qualification. Against Belarus, the Dutch won sovereign 4: 0 (2: 0). The goals were scored by Memphis Depay (1st minute, 55th minute), Georginio Wijnaldum (55th minute) and Virgil van Dijk (86th minute). The Dutch take over by the clear success, the standings in the group. Second is Northern Ireland, who beat Estonia 2-0 (0-0).
On Sunday, the Netherlands will welcome Germany to the duel of the two favorites in qualifying group C (20.45 clock, TV: RTL, live ticker SPIEGEL ONLINE). In a friendly match last Tuesday, the German team had not come out over a 1-1 (1-0) against Serbia.
Belgium - Russia 3: 1 (2: 1)
Belgium struggled against the host of the 2018 World Cup. The lead by Youri Tielemans (14th) made up for Denis Cheryshev just two minutes later after a mistake by Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois (16 '). As a result, an open game developed. Only shortly before the half-time whistle hit Eden Hazard penalty by the lead again (45.).
Eden Hazard (Number 10) and Youri Tielemans (8)
After Hazard met in the closing stages of the decision (88.) flew Russia Aleksandr Golovin with yellow-red from the square. In Group I, Belgium remained third out of the top two, with Cyprus beating San Marino 5-0 (4-0) and surprisingly 3-0 (2-0) against Kazakhstan .
Croatia - Azerbaijan 2: 1 (1: 1)
Vice World Champion Croatia had big problems against outsiders Azerbaijan. Although the Croats raced with the Primera División stars Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic, the guests went through a goal by Ramil Sheydaev in the lead (19.).
After Borna Barisics equalizer (44th) it took until the final stages before Bundesliga professional Andrej Kramaric of TSG Hoffenheim scored the winning goal for Croatia (79th).
Austria - Poland 0: 1 (0: 0)
The Polish national team to FC Bayern striker Robert Lewandowski has also secured the first three points. But against Austria it took a hit of substitute Krzysztof Piatek (68).
Top scorer Krzysztof Piatek cheers with Jakub Blaszczykowski (background, second from right)
In Group G, at the same time Northern Macedonia won against Latvia 3: 1 (2: 0) and take over the league lead.
The other results:
Slovakia - Hungary 2: 0 (1: 0)
Israel - Slovenia 1: 1 (0: 0)
- Belgium and Croatia start European Championship qualification with home victory 1 month
- The Dutch start European Championship qualification with a big win over Belarus 1 month
- Belgium and Croatia both start European Championship qualification with home victory 1 month
- Belgium plagued by injuries in the run-up to the start of the European Championship qualification 1 month
- Sweden and Swiss win in European Championship qualification, Malta's memorable victory 1 month
- European Championship qualification: Spain and Italy win opening matches 1 month
- Belgium registers second victory in European Championship qualification, painful defeat in Croatia 1 month
- European Championship qualification: Germany win 3: 2 against the Netherlands 1 month
- European Championship qualification: Germany wins against the Netherlands 1 month