Europe 1 with AFP / Photo credit: Anne-Christine POUJOULAT / AFP 18:36 pm, May 30, 2023The schedule of the Blues for the 2023-2024 season is partly known. The France team will face the Republic of Ireland on September 7 and will follow five days later against Germany in a friendly match. In total, the Blues should play eight games over the entire season.
Didier Deschamps' France team will travel to Dortmund on Tuesday, September 12 to challenge Hansi Flick's Mannschaft in a friendly match, less than a year before the Euro organized in Germany, announced Tuesday the French Football Federation. The match scheduled at Signal Iduna Park, Borussia Dortmund's home stadium, will take place five days after the reception of the Republic of Ireland, on September 7 at the Parc des Princes as part of the Euro 2024 qualifiers.
The Blues' program for 2023-2024
France and Germany last faced each other on 15 June 2021 in Munich at the previous European Championship. The Blues won 1-0 in the opening of the first round.
Blues' program for the 2023-2024 season:
- 7 September 2023: France - Republic of Ireland (Euro 2024 qualifiers), in Paris
- 12 September 2023: Germany - France (friendly), in Dortmund
- 17 October 2023: France - Scotland (friendly), in Lille
- 18 November 2023: France - Gibraltar (Euro 2024 qualifiers), in Saint-Denis
- March 2024 (date to be set): friendly or play-off at Euro-2024, in Lyon
- March 2024 (date to be set): friendly or play-off at Euro-2024, in Marseille
- June 2024 (date to be determined): friendly, in Bordeaux
- June 2024 (date to be fixed): friendly, in Metz