New details emerged after a Premier League player was arrested on suspicion of rape.

And the British newspaper "The Telegraph" reported - yesterday, Monday - that a "famous" player in his late twenties was arrested in north London and detained for the rape, which was said to have occurred next month.

And the arrested player - whose name was not revealed - was scheduled to play with his country in the next World Cup in Qatar.

The Metropolitan Police said, in a statement yesterday, that it was informed of an allegation of rape of a woman in her twenties, " was reported that the alleged rape occurred in June 2022.. investigations into the circumstances are ongoing."

The Sun published more details about the arrest and allegations against the player.

The newspaper claims that the player was arrested at dawn yesterday, after 6 police cars arrived at his palace.

The arrest of the player - who the report described as "one of the best players in the English Premier League" - came after a woman accused him of raping her during a holiday in the Mediterranean.

The woman, who is also in her twenties, is said to have shown police the photos of "bruises" after reporting the attack, which she claimed took place while on vacation with the player last month.

The alleged victim fled the five-star resort where she was staying with the soccer player, and returned home.

The player is scheduled to miss his team's pre-season tour while investigations continue, and he may not start preparations for the new season of the Premier League, which begins on the 5th of next month.

A source told the Sun newspaper: The allegations are very serious. The club's management is stunned by this.

The player was scheduled to be on the preparatory round but will now not travel with the team.

"The full implementation of the law must be allowed. The player's colleagues are stunned by what happened... It's a big blow to the club, but the police must do their job," the source concluded.

The player's club - whose name was not revealed - refused to comment and no official statement has been issued so far.