A return, yes, but part-time.
This is how Tiger Woods, still recovering nine months after a serious road accident, envisions his sporting future.
"I think it's realistic to think that I would play on the circuit again one day - never again full time - but picking the events that suit me," said the former world number 1, in an interview published on Monday by the
“I think that's how I'm going to have to play from now on.
It's an unfortunate reality, but it's my reality.
I understand it, and I accept it, ”added the American, who will turn 46 on December 30.
Woods suffered multiple fractures to his right leg after going off the road followed by several rollovers with the car he was driving last February in the suburbs of Los Angeles.
Before his accident, the winner of 15 major tournaments had already reduced his schedule due to the multiple back and knee operations suffered over the years.
“I don't have to play against the best players in the world to have a good life.
After my back operations [between 2014 and 2017], I had to climb Everest once more.
I did it.
But this time, I don't think my body is able to do it again, ”said the amazing winner of the Augusta Masters 2019, 11 years after his previous Grand Slam title.
He dreaded an amputation
Woods, who said he feared an amputation, had generated a buzz a few days ago after posting on Twitter a video of himself hitting balls, with the only comment: "Progress in progress".
Woods' interview with
comes ahead of his first public appearance since his accident this week at the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas, a tournament that raises funds for his foundation.
Golf: Nine months after accident, video shows Tiger Woods in training
Three months after the accident, Tiger Woods' goal is "to walk alone"
Share on Messenger
Share on Facebook
Share on twitter
Share on Flipboard
Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Send by Mail
A fault ?