IOC President Thomas Bach made a video call with the Chinese tennis player Peng Shuai on Sunday.
As announced by the IOC, the chairwoman of the IOC athletes commission, Emma Terho from Finland, and the Chinese IOC member Li Lingwei were also present.
At the beginning of the 30-minute call, Peng Shuai thanked the IOC for worrying about their welfare.
She stated that she was safe and well living in her Beijing home, but that her privacy should be respected at this time.
That's why she prefers to spend her time with friends and family.
Nevertheless, she will continue to devote herself to tennis, the sport she loves so much.
“I was relieved to see that Peng Shuai was fine, which was our main concern.
She seemed relaxed.
I offered her our support and offered to keep in touch at all times, which she obviously appreciated, ”said Emma Terho, according to the IOC announcement.
At the end of the conversation, Bach invited Peng Shuai to dinner as soon as he arrived in Beijing next January.
You have accepted the invitation, it was said by the IOC.
In early November, Peng Shuai published allegations of sexual assault by a top Chinese politician on the Weibo social network.
She hadn't been seen in public since then.
China's state media had video clips circulating over the weekend, which should also prove that the former world number one is doing well in doubles.Keywords: