Tennis United States Open Missing Nadal and others due to new corona infection spread August 5 12:44
Players scheduled for participation were announced before the opening of the US Open, one of the four major tennis competitions. The tournament organizer says that they will take thorough measures to prevent new coronavirus infections, but it has been affected by the fact that the champion of last year's tournament, Rafael Nadal of Spain, will be missed.
Four days before the US Open, one of the four tennis championships, opened in New York on the 31st of this month, the organizers of the tournament announced the players scheduled to participate.
Of these, 7 out of the top 10 in the world ranking, including No. 1 in the world ranking and Serbian Novak Djokovic, entered the men's singles, and after performing an operation on their right elbow in October last year, Kei Nishikori, who is refusing to participate in the tournament, has entered.
In addition, Naomi Osaka and Serena Williams from the United States will be participating in the women's singles.
According to the organizer of the tournament, it is said that thorough measures will be taken to prevent infection of the new coronavirus, such as taking measures with no spectators, but Nadal who won the last year's tournament in the second place in the world said on his Twitter ``New coronavirus I think the number of infected people is increasing and we are still out of control," he said.
In addition, Australia's Ashley Berty, the world's number one female singles player, has also announced her absence due to the spread of her infection.
Regarding the US Open, wheelchair tennis will be temporarily suspended by the tournament organizer, but it will be held in response to protests from players and others.
From Japan, Shingo Kunieda, the world's No. 1 men's singles, and Yui Uechi, the world's No. 2 women's singles, will participate.