Max Verstappen finished third in the qualification for the Grand Prix of Great Britain on Saturday. Lewis Hamilton starts from pole position on Sunday.
The leader in the World Cup position drove with
Results qualifying GP Great Britain
- 1. Hamilton (Mercedes) - 1.24,303
- 2. Bottas (Mercedes) - 1,24,616
- 3. Verstappen (Red Bull) - 1.25,325
- 4. Leclerc (Ferrari) - 1.25,427
- 5. Norris (McLaren) - 1.25.782
- 6. Stroll (Racing Point) - 1.25,839
- Sainz (McLaren) - 1.25,965
- 8. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault) - 1,26,029
- 9. Esteban Ocon (Renault) - 1.26,209
- 10. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) - 1.26,339
a new job record. He was 0.3 seconds ahead of his teammate Valtteri Bottas.
Verstappen had to give in to sovereign Hamilton for more than a second. Mercedes took pole position at all Grands Prix this season and only with the rainy qualification at the Styrian GP did the German team not claim the full first row.
Verstappen has Charles Leclerc next to him in the second row on Sunday. The Ferrari driver was just ahead of Lando Norris (McLaren) and Lance Stroll (Racing Point).
Albon is only twelfth fastest
Verstappen's teammate Alexander Albon disappointed again. The Thai did not reach Q3 and has to start from twelfth on Sunday.
Q2 had to be shut down for a few minutes after Hamilton was spun. The six-time world champion managed to prevent damage to his car, but the circuit had to be cleaned first because it had a lot of gravel.
The race at Silverstone starts on Sunday at 3.10 p.m.
F1 preview: 'Pérez is proof that corona protocol works'