The top players in the Eredivisie between Ajax, AZ, Feyenoord and PSV have only been scheduled by the KNVB as late as possible in the Eredivisie season, in the hope that then the public can be admitted. The football association presented the concept program on Wednesday, with all matches until December.
The season starts on Saturday 12 September at 4:30 PM with FC Utrecht-AZ. The other top clubs also start with an away match. Feyenoord will compete against PEC Zwolle, Ajax will go to Sparta Rotterdam and PSV will play against FC Groningen, where Arjen Robben may make his comeback against his old club.
The Kitchen Champion Division starts two weeks earlier.
First round Eredivisie
- September 12, 4.30 pm: FC Utrecht-AZ
- 6.45 pm: sc Heerenveen-Willem II
- 8 pm: PEC Zwolle-Feyenoord
- 9 pm: FC Twente-Fortuna Sittard
- September 13 12.15 pm: FC Emmen-VVV-Venlo
- 2.30 pm: Heracles Almelo-ADO The Hague
- 2.30 pm: Sparta Rotterdam-Ajax
- 4.45 pm: FC Groningen-PSV
- 4.45 pm: RKC Waalwijk-Vitesse