The agreement is now clearly also means an extension of the collective agreement for four years - and the NHL release players for the Beijing Olympics in 2022 and Milan in 2026. After five straight Olympic tournaments with NHL players were missing the Olympics in Pyeongchang in 2018.
Before Three However, the Crown and the other national teams can make use of the North American pros, however, the International Olympic Committee and the International Hockey Association must give their approval.
- I am very happy for the players, that they again get to meet the best and play for the gold. Then I am happy for us leaders, it is not so often you have the opportunity to pick out the absolute best team, says Johan Garpenlöv."Will fight for the gold"
- It is also very fun for the Swedish fans to see the best players. During the Olympic tournament, hockey is one of the big branches, and when the best get back together, of course, the interest increases. It is important for the hockey team, that the sport must show itself from its best side, he continues.
Johan Garpenlöv never played any Olympics as active, but was an ass-coach behind Rikard Grönborg at the Olympics in Pyeongchang, where Tre Kronor finished fifth without NHL pros. With several Swedish big stars in the NHL, Johan Garpenlöv hopes that Sweden will be in contention for the gold in 2022.
- If you look at it a little quickly, there are four to five countries that can scrape together really good teams. With the players we have over there and who are available, we are one of the teams that can take the gold, says Johan Garpenlöv.Back after laying off
Right now Johan Garpenlöv is planning for Three Kronor's season start, where it is planned for games in the Euro Hockey Tour in the Czech Republic on August 27-30.
Johan Garpenlöv, who himself has been laid off from the federal team job, will resume full time from 1 August.
- It will be a little different to what it usually is. Previously, we always opened with the Karjala Cup in early November and were then able to see everyone play before we took out a squad. Now we will sit down in the beginning of August and go a little bit on what was done last season, leg it down and take out a squad. But according to the information I have, all players in Europe should be available, says Johan Garpenlöv.
He is prepared for different scenarios considering the corona pandemic.
- We can follow the development and see what happens closer to the start of the tournament, based on the conditions that exist then, says Johan Garpenlöv.
CLIP: Garpenlöv on love after her mother's death (February 8, 2020)
Learn more about browser support
The browser is not supported
SVT does not support playback in your browser. We therefore recommend that you switch to another browser.
Learn more about browser supportGarpenlöv about love after her mother's death: "I am touched" Photo: SVT