French star Eric Cantona left a prominent imprint in the history of Manchester United, not only with his goals and performance in the field but also with his actions and impulses that cost him dearly on many occasions.

Everyone remembers the famous kick the French player sent to a Crystal Palace fan after he was sent off from the match that brought the two teams together on January 18, 1995, a shot that cost him seven months to be sidelined.

However, the career of the player - who extended with Manchester United between 1992 and 1997 - includes more scenes that have not yet been seen.

The most recent of these scenes that came out into the public is mentioned in the recent book by Wayne Barton, entitled "Cantona ... the King who changed English football," according to the Mirror newspaper.

The book included a testimony of former Manchester United captain Roy Keane who recounted aspects of the team's elimination night in the Champions League second round 1992-1993 season.

That night, the Red Devils tied 3-3 with host Galatasaray, a result that eliminated the English club after a go-back with a negative result.

The French expelled Cantona after insulting the referee of the Swiss match, Kurt Rutelsberg, after the end of the match, and the player went out of the field accompanied by a group of policemen.

Kane recounted that the players found Canton in the dressing room after the match, which he was fuming with anger, and threatened to go out and search for a policeman who entered into skirmishes after he was sent off and walked off the field.

Kane confirmed that it took the intervention of coach Alex Ferguson, his assistant and a number of players in order to control the raging French player who was screaming "I will kill that bastard" and prevent him from leaving.

He pointed out that the coach instructed the players to go to the bathrooms in small groups, to maintain the presence of the largest number of players in the room, if necessary, to intervene again to prevent Cantona from leaving.

Kane admitted that he was one of the battle amateurs, but that day, he refused to keep pace with the Canton, given the atmosphere surrounding the team at Ali Samyan Stadium in Istanbul, and likened the departure of Cantona and its clash with the policeman with a suicide operation that would have cost the team dearly.

The team's crisis ended with leaving the stadium by a stone-throwing bus from Galatasaray fans, on a night that Ferguson coach did not hesitate to say it was like hell.