Daniel Schwaab is reportedly working on his last months as a PSV player. According to various media, the German will leave the Eindhoven team after this season.
A PSV spokesperson confirmed to NU.nl on Friday that the expiring contract of 31-year-old Schwaab has been formally terminated, but does not say whether he will actually leave the club from Brabant next summer.
Schwaab has been playing with PSV since the summer of 2016 and became national champion in the 2017/2018 season. At the end of last season, the defender already said goodbye to PSV, but the routine returned to Eindhoven in the summer transfer period.
In the past four years, Schwaab has played 130 games so far for PSV. He scored five times in it. Because of the coronavirus - which has shut down the Eredivisie - it remains to be seen whether Schwaab will take action at all for PSV.
Follow the latest developments around the virus in the sports world in our live blog .
The coronavirus in short
- The coronavirus mainly spreads from person to person via sneezing and cough drops. The chance of becoming infected through surfaces such as door handles is small. This chance decreases if you wash your hands often.
- You can considerably reduce the chance of spreading by keeping at least 1.5 meters away from others.
- An infected person infects two to three others on average. Precautions are necessary to contain this.
- The vast majority of patients have mild (flu-like) complaints.
- Almost all deaths involve the elderly or other vulnerable persons, such as heart, lung or diabetes patients. If everyone complies with the measures, this reduces their risks.
- Read here what precautions you should take.