Yesterday, Sportbladet said that the economically weighted all-Swedish football club Östersunds FK will make a loss of approximately SEK 40 million. Data that SVT Sport has been confirmed during the day. Over SEK 10 million of the loss, ÖFK will return from accrual funds.
One reason for the negative result is that the football club has deleted the disputed foreign sponsorship agreement from the income statement and balance sheet of SEK 16.1 million. The agreement is with the Cypriot company Puls8, which was an important part when the Board of Appeal granted ÖFK elite license on December 23."They want to go in with more money"
Still no money has been received and it is unclear at present whether any money will come in at all. This means that the club will have a negative capital of approximately SEK 20 million.
- The hope is now being given to the local entrepreneurial group and that they want to go in with more money to save the club, says a source at SVT Sport.
A question that Östersund press spokesman Niclas Lidström wants to expand outside the local area.
- You should ask that question to them and not to us. It is clear that we hope that companies, whether local or global, will come in with more money for the association.
It was also the entrepreneurial group that earlier this year demanded that the CEO and the Association Board make their seats available for the annual meeting, which they later did.The annual report must be submitted tonight
According to information to SVT Sport, the entrepreneurial group and the departing board met during a meeting yesterday where an agreement was reached for the annual meeting. On March 12, Östersunds FK holds its annual meeting and later in the evening the club submits its annual report.
- We are sitting with the annual report right now and before it becomes fully clear, we will not comment on anything. It would be really strange if we commented on an annual report that is not quite complete, says ÖFK press and media manager Niclas Lidström.
How do you see these numbers come out?
- It is not the association that has leaked this information. We will have to come back to this when the figures are clear and how the financial results have been."The club has a strained economy"
It is said that 16.1 million will be moving in according to our data?
- Negotiations between the parties are still ongoing. We still hope to get this money and nothing new has happened. We have daily dialogue.
How do you view the club's finances?
- The club has a strained economy, it is not news but everyone knows about it. But it goes in the right direction. It looks better now than it did one, two and three months ago so it feels good, says Lidström.