Shevchenko’s response to Sehudo’s challenge, a new date for Nurmagomedov’s fight and accusations against McGregor: what is being discussed in the UFC world
Valentina Shevchenko answered the call from Henry Sehudo and stated that she was able to take away his champion titles from the American. Khabib Nurmagomedov said when his cousin Abubakar debuted in the UFC, and Nate Diaz harshly criticized the leadership of the promotion for helping to advance Conor McGregor's career. The main events of the Absolute Fighting Championship - in the material RT.
The other day, UFC champion in two weight categories, Henry Sehudo, shocked the whole world by summoning the winner of the flyweight title, Valentina Shevchenko. Until now, in MMA there has not been a single duel between a man and a woman, and in general in sports it is not customary to organize competitions between representatives of different sexes. As a result, the American’s statement was regarded as yet another attempt to attract attention, because recently the athlete has rarely been distinguished by such loud and shocking statements.
Apparently, Shevchenko herself took this seriously. So, in a conversation with an ESPN journalist, she assured that she was able to get the better of Sehudo and deprive him of both champion titles.
“He is a gold hunter, but I can make it so that he will lose it forever. I don’t know (if he spoke seriously. - RT ), because he was very persistent. Let him be careful in his desires. I’m never afraid of anything, ever, ”Shevchenko said.
Currently, a native of Kyrgyzstan is one of the most dominant champions in the UFC. During her career, she spent 21 fights and won 18 victories. At the same time, she suffered two of the three defeats in battles with the current holder of the belts in the lightest and semi-lightweight scales, Amanda Nunez. However, it is worth noting that recently only Shevchenko was able to give her a competitive battle. Both fights lasted the entire planned number of rounds, and the Brazilian was stronger only on the referee cards. Moreover, in both cases, the decision of officials was at least controversial.
She suffered another failure in 2010, when she lost to Liz Carmosch. However, four days ago, Shevchenko got a chance to take revenge from her offender and easily took advantage of this.
Michael Beasing expressed his opinion on a possible intergender match. Former UFC middleweight champion admitted that he does not share Sehudo’s desire to arrange battles between men and women.
“It is unlikely that I would declare in social networks about the desire to beat a woman. And he does just that ... By the way, I have a good relationship with Sehudo, we have a great time, and I do not hang on him the label of someone who is very willing to beat girls. Nevertheless, he announces this to the whole world, ”BJPenn quotes Bisping
According to the Englishman, Sehudo just wants his name to be publicly known, so he makes such resonant statements.
“Yes, his roof went. In general, I want him to return to the octagon, to see the battles with his participation. Only you can do without a duel with a woman. He will not be allowed, right? ”Concluded Bisping.
As for Sehudo, he is the first ever UFC champion to have previously won gold at the Olympics. At the Games in Beijing, he became the strongest in the freestyle wrestling in the category of up to 55 kg, and ten years later he took the title in the largest MMA promotion in the world. Subsequently, he successfully defended the flyweight belt, and after the disqualification of TJ Dillashaw, he took the title in the lightest.
New date for Nurmagomedov’s battle
The UFC 242 tournament will be held in Abu Dhabi on September 7, the main event of which will be a duel between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Dustin Porrier. The performance of the current lightweight champion served as the occasion for an invitation to the show of a number of other famous Russian fighters. As a result, seven more were recruited, including Islam Makhachev, Shamil Abdurahimov and Mayrbek Taysumov.
However, there could have been more if not for the problems of Habib's cousin - Abubakar. Initially, information appeared that the athlete would make his UFC debut at a show in the UAE, but was later denied it. It was reported that the athlete was injured, and therefore will be able to speak only closer to the end of the year.
Apparently, the damage was not serious. According to Habib on his Instagram page, Abubakar will take part in the UFC tournament in Moscow, which is scheduled for November 17.
“This is my brother Abubakar Nurmagomedov. There are no more like him. His next fight will be held in November at UFC Moscow, ”Habib wrote on Instagram.
Unlike his brother, Abubakar cannot boast of an ideal track record in mixed martial arts. At the moment, he has spent 17 battles, in two of which he was defeated. Five years ago, he lost to Magomed Mustafayev at competitions in Sochi, and four years later to Ukrainian Pavel Kushch at the Professional Fighting League (PFL) show.
Despite the absence of fights in the UFC, Nurmagomedov’s brother has already managed to become a defendant in the scandal and even serve a suspension for attacking Conor McGregor. So, Abubacar was one of those who attacked the Irish after the main event of UFC 229, for which he was disqualified for 12 months.
This Sunday, Nate Diaz will make his long-awaited return to the octagon. In the second most important event of the UFC 241 tournament, a native of Stockton will compete with former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis. At the same time, the battle will take place not in the usual category for fighters, but in the welterweight division.
For Diaz Jr., this fight will be the first in three years. The last time he entered the cage in August 2016, when, by a decision of the majority of the judges, he lost to Conor McGregor. For that fight, Nate received $ 2 million, after which for a long time he refused to accept less status fights. The American insisted on completing the trilogy with the Irishman, but the promotion management decided otherwise.
As a result, Diaz sat idle for the next several years and tried to beg for a money fight, while McGregor managed to win the lightweight belt, fight with Floyd Mayweather, and also meet with Khabib Nurmagomedov.
“Well, what am I going to strive for now? Exactly. I conquer the summit, and then they ask me to go down to this lousy level. I realized what was happening - I lowered the bar ... But no one understands this, they present everything as if I were complaining. But I didn’t call anyone. You called me: “Hello, how are you? We understand that you were treated like a pig, that this story about Mayweather’s fight with MacRegor pushed you to the side of the road and simply crossed them out, ”Diaz quotes The Sun.
Diaz has repeatedly accused UFC management of over-supporting McGregor. Apparently, he is still confident that the Irishman is not worthy of his titles and received them only thanks to the help from the promotion.
“Eddie Alvarez was a convenient opponent, McGregor easily defeated him. Everything was selected just for him. It doesn't even make me angry. It's okay that he does all this. However, it turns out that he is spoiled with *** a, who received everything just like that. He himself did not achieve nicherta, ”Diaz said.
However, it is possible that in the near future, Nate will still be able to personally voice his claims against Conor. According to Dana White, while he does not have information about the next fight involving McGregor, he hinted that Diaz can also be considered as an opponent.
“So far (McGregor. - RT ) has no plan. He wants to see how the duel between Porie and Nurmagomedov ends. Let's see, and then decide what next. In addition, Nate Diaz will hold the fight on Saturday. By September, much will be clear, ”White said in an interview with FightHub.