Max Verstappen clocked the third time on Friday during the first free practice for the Grand Prix of Great Britain. His teammate Pierre Gasly was the fastest at Silverstone.
Verstappen recorded his fastest lap time with 1.28.009. Gasly was almost a second rapper at 1.27.173 and Bottas was also faster than the Limburger.
The winner of the Grand Prix of Austria was faster than world champion Lewis Hamilton and the Ferrari duo Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc. In the last half hour of the training, a small shower of rain fell, leaving few cars on the track.
The second training is on Friday at 3 p.m. There is also a practice session on Saturday at 12 noon, followed by the qualification at 3 p.m. The race starts on Sunday at 3.10 p.m.
Results first free practice GP of Great Britain
- 1. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) - 1,227,629
- 2. Pierre Gasly (Red Bull) - 1,227,715
- 3. Max Verstappen (Red Bull) - 1.28.009
- 4. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) - 1.28.122
- 5. Chalres Leclerc (Ferrari) - 1.28.253
- 6. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) - 1.28.304
- 7. Carlos Sainz (McLaren) - 1.29.162
- 8. Lando Norris (McLaren) - 1,229,170
- 9. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault) - 1,229,244
- 10. Alexander Albon (Toro Rosso) - 1,229,310
See also: Five questions about GP Great Britain: 'Verstappen is just short of victory'