Handball World Cup: Germany reaches the semi-finals unbeaten
With a 31:30 victory over Spain, the German handball players are the main round winners in the semi-finals of the World Cup. On Friday it is against vice-world champion Norway.
The German national handball team won 31:30 (17:16) against Spain. Thus, the team drives as defeated main-round winner to Hamburg, where it competes on Friday in the semi-final against runner-up Norway. Best thrower in the duel with the Spaniards, who only play for seventh place, was Fabian Böhm with five goals.
Due to the good balance so far it was clear that Germany would move in a defeat in the semi-finals. Despite the comfortable starting position, the team started by coach Christian Prokop pep. CaptainenUens Gensheimer snatched the spectators 2-1 from the seats with a sensational counter-goal.
After twelve minutes, Martin Strobel, who was injured by his knee, was named after Tim Suton for his debut in the World Cup and soon after made his first equal goal well. Coach Christian Prokop moved cheerfully through: Already after 20 minutes were up to Steffen Weinhold, who seems not quite fit after his strain in the adductor, all German players in action.
Among them suffered primarily the defensive, which offered the European champion Spain unusually many gaps. But it ran neatly in the German attack game, so that the match remained balanced in the first round. "We're in the lead and we have a little bit of room left in the defense, we have to help our goalkeepers a bit more," said team manager Oliver Roggisch during the break.
After the break, it went on evocatively. Goalkeeper Silvio Heinevetter showed several glittering parades - and ahead was further pressure. Lohn was a first-time four-goal lead at 23:19 after 41 minutes. Only in the closing phase did the concentration diminish.
- Handball World Cup: Germany win against Spain 8 months
- Handball World Cup: To smooch 8 months
- Handball World Cup 2019: Germany defeats Croatia 8 months
- Handball World Cup: Frenchmen qualify for the semi-finals before their last match 8 months
- Germany moves prematurely into the World Cup semi 8 months
- Handball World Cup duel against Croatia: So Germany can make the semi 8 months
- Handball World Cup: The unknown World Cup 8 months
- Handball World Cup: Handball for latecomers 8 months
- Handball World Cup live: Will Germany make it to the finals against Norway? 8 months
- Handball: Germany missed the final of the home World Cup 8 months
- Handball World Cup: Germany is eliminated in the semi-final against Norway 8 months