Prime Minister Sanna Marin (sd) acknowledges the rumors that the SDP should hold society in vain for a long time just because it believes the party's voters, ie mainly the older age group, want to keep the strict restrictions.
- This is by no means a political power game.
This has always been all about protecting human life and health.
Ensuring that these damages, which have arisen in the midst of a very severe pandemic, would remain as short-lived as possible, Marin said today Thursday in Ilta-Sanomat’s Election Grill.
He reminded that Finland has had excellent success in corona care compared to other countries and now it should be ensured that aftercare is also going well.
- The fact that this is to be painted as a political game says more about words than about the recipient.
Yes, this is pretty nasty speech, Marin said indignantly.
The SDP's motives have been actively questioned, at least by Mikael Jungner, a former SDP politician and now managing director of Kreab, a communications agency based in Liike Nyt.
- Against the SDP only because they estimate that the majority of older voters are in favor of restrictions.
After the election, that motive will end, Jungner wrote on June 8 on Twitter.
In any case, there has been a great deal of disagreement among the government along the way as to the order in which society should be opened up.
Other governing parties have seen that the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health (STM) and the Minister for Family and Basic Services Krista Kiuru have clung to the nail on the restrictions.
The Prime Minister is felt to be largely in line with Kiuru.
Yesterday, Wednesday, the chairman of the Greens, Maria Ohisalo, told Marini that the restrictions would not be lifted without the support of the Prime Minister.
- Krista Kiuruhan does not decide things alone.
It may be that it was wanted to look like it, Marin said today.
According to him, the government will stick to the plan it has jointly made to open Finland under control.
- These issues have also been negotiated with every governing party
Read more: MTV election exam: Ministers admit STM is holding back on lifting restrictions - Marin: “Oh this hand wash”
Marin also denied that the lifting of restrictions would be slowed down.
- It will not be procrastinated, but we will follow exactly the path we have set.
Here, however, it must be remembered that the situation can worsen quickly if we are not careful.
Yes, as decision-makers, we must also take responsibility during the elections.
Instead, he hinted that some parties have wanted to leave the restrictions in a hurry before mid-June precisely because of the election.
- I understand that everyone is in a great hurry to open everything possible and this is certainly also a message to the voters.
- We all want to open the restrictions as quickly as health-safe possible.
According to him, it would now seem that Finland will soon be able to live a much more normal life.
- Personally, I think it is at least really important that the situation does not get worse quickly and that we can truly spend the rest of the summer in the most normal conditions possible.