More than 6,800 students in primary, secondary and secondary vocational education will receive a laptop this week to work from home. That says Sivon, a partnership of school boards, in talks with NU.nl on Thursday.
Now that the school doors are closed, schools are teaching remotely. Because not everyone has a computer at home, unfortunately not all children can attend these lessons. The Ministry of Education has therefore allocated 2.5 million euros for laptops.
"All students deserve good education. Even in times of crisis and regardless of their parents' wallets," said Minister Arie Slob (Primary and Secondary Education and Media) in a statement. "It is good that we can help so many extra students in this way, so that they also receive distance education."
School boards were able to apply for Chromebooks or Windows laptops through March 26. A total of 145 boards did this.
The first schools have already received their laptops, including primary school De Kaleidoscope in Ede. School director Lesanka van Beek says via Sivon that he is very happy with this: "These extra laptops not only allow pupils to work with the teaching material at home, but they also keep in touch with teachers. This is very important in these days of digital teaching. important for students. "
Follow the latest developments around the virus in our live blog.
The coronavirus in short
- The coronavirus mainly spreads from person to person via sneezing and cough drops. The chance of becoming infected through surfaces such as door handles is small. This chance decreases if you wash your hands often.
- You can considerably reduce the chance of spreading by keeping at least 1.5 meters away from others.
- The corona measures have resulted in an infected person infecting less than one other person on average. Previously, this so-called reproduction number was between two and three.
- The vast majority of patients have mild (flu-like) complaints.
- Almost all deaths involve the elderly or other vulnerable persons, such as heart, lung or diabetes patients. If everyone complies with the measures, this reduces their risks.
- Read here what precautions you should take.