Teller Report

Now you can see non-English news...

WHO criticizes Italy for 'serious mistakes' in preventing the spread of coronavirus - over 150 infections already detected in Italy

2020-02-24T05:40:06.555Z

The WHO's Walter Ricciardi criticized the Italian government for blocking flights from China but not for quarantining passengers arriving from China.



v Italy's Professor Walter Ricciardi, 60, a member of the WHO (World Health Organization) Steering Group, has criticized Italy for "serious mistakes" in preventing the spread of the coronavirus.

Ricciard is concerned about La Stampa, an Italian magazine.

"When doctors get infected, it means that proper practices have not been implemented," Ricciardi criticizes.

In Italy, five healthcare workers are reported to have been infected with coronavirus. Some of them are nurses and some are doctors.

Ricciardi criticized the Italian government for, among other things, blocking flights to and from China, but not quarantining people coming from China.

- Now we pay for the fact that we did not immediately quarantine Chinese arrivals.

"France, Germany and the United Kingdom did not stop direct flights from China but quarantined those passengers who were at risk of infection," Ricciardi said.

People are beginning to wear respirators in the city of Turin in northwest Italy.

Photo: Alberto Gandolfo / Zumapress.com

Italy has taken stringent emergency measures over the weekend following the discovery of coronavirus infestations on Friday. On Saturday, the number of infections began to rise sharply.

To date, at least three people have died of coronavirus in Italy, and more than 150 have already been infected, according to CNN. The authorities have not yet been able to determine where the virus originated in Italy.

Read more: Italy is now looking frantically "patient zero" - roadblocks are afraid of the Italians forced their way The enterprise: "I'm really scared"

Schools, universities, museums and cinemas in Lombarida and Veneto in northern Italy have been closed and the last two days of the Venice Carnival have been canceled. In Lombardy, some 50 000 people have been quarantined. Locals have been advised to stay in their homes and leave only with a special permit.

Ricciardi also urges people to stay away from subways, buses, schools and gyms for the next two weeks.

Earlier, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said that Lombardy and Veneto could face up to weeks of isolation to prevent the disease from spreading.

The majority of coronavirus infections have been detected in China, which has so far confirmed almost 79,000 cases. There are 738 cases of infections in Japan and 602 in South Korea.

A total of 2,470 people have died from the virus.

Source: isfi

Similar news:

news 2020/04/10    

© Communities 2019 - Privacy