Damascus (AP) - In response to the Turkish military offensive in northern Syria, the government in Damascus sends its own troops into the region. The Syrian army would face in the north of the "Turkish aggression on Syrian soil," reported the state news agency Sana, without giving details. Turkey had begun the long-planned Operation Peace Spring on Wednesday with attacks on Syrian locations along the common border. The mission is directed against Kurdish militias in northern Syria.
Conflicts: Syria sends troops for Turkish offensive
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Turkish offensive in Syria: Damascus sends troops to the north of the country 1 month
- Syria: State media: Damascus sends troops due to Turkish offensive to the north 1 month
- Conflicts: Tens of thousands fleeing Turkish Syria offensive 1 month
- Turkish military offensive: Syrian government sends troops to the north 1 month
- EU foreign ministers advise: Turkey offensive: Syria sends troops 1 month