New York (AP) - The climate activist Greta Thunberg has called on the heads of state and government of the world at the UN climate summit with an emotional and urgent appeal for more commitment to climate change. "How dare you steal my dreams and my childhood with your empty words?" Said Thunberg in New York, with tears in his eyes. "We're at the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is money and the tales of a never ending economic growth - how dare you?"
Climate: Greta Thunberg at UN climate summit: "How dare you?"
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Climate: Merkel meets Thunberg on the sidelines of the UN climate summit 10 months
- Climate crisis: The UN climate summit in the livestream 10 months
- This is happening at the UN summit on climate 10 months
- Greta at the UN: "Unstoppable youth" 1 year
- After global climate protest: Greta Thunberg at UN Youth Climate Summit in New York 1 year
- "How dare you look elsewhere?" : Greta Thunberg castigates climate inaction at the UN 10 months
- UN Climate Summit in New York: New promises for Thunberg-Wutrede at the climate summit 10 months