Miami (dpa) - The consequences of hurricane "Dorian" will keep the Bahamas busy for a long time. In the Caribbean island nation, where the hurricane reached land first about a week ago, the death toll increased again significantly. According to the newspaper The Tribune, Prime Minister Hubert Minnis said at least 43 people died. The Bahamas government expects the number to increase significantly. Hundreds, possibly even thousands of people are still missing.
Weather: More deaths in Bahamas after hurricane "Dorian"
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Weather: Number of dead after hurricane in the Bahamas continues to rise 5 months
- Germany: Bundeswehr supports relief mission in the Bahamas after hurricane "Dorian" 5 months
- EU: EU provides € 500,000 emergency aid to Bahamas after hurricane "Dorian" 5 months
- Weather: 30 fatalities confirmed after hurricane on Bahamas 5 months
- Weather: Government confirms 20 hurricane deaths in Bahamas 5 months
- Weather: Bahamas fight with consequences of hurricane "Dorian" 5 months
- Weather: 45 hurricane dead in Bahamas 4 months
- Weather: 50 dead in Bahamas after hurricane "Dorian" 4 months