Geneva (dpa) - The World Health Organization has called a "health emergency of international concern" because of the ongoing Ebola epidemic in the Congo. It follows the recommendation of a council of experts who had advised in Geneva. By doing so, WHO wants to strengthen the fight against the disease in Congo and neighboring countries. She also hopes to get more money for use against Ebola. However, the WHO makes it clear that it currently does not assume that the epidemic will spread beyond the region.
Health: WHO calls health emergency due to Ebola
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- WHO declares Ebola a global health "emergency" - RFI 1 year
- Health: WHO is considering Ebola calling for international emergency 1 year
- WHO declares Ebola outbreak a global health "emergency" 1 year
- Africa Diary - Ebola in DR Congo, WHO declares epidemic of "global health emergency" 1 year
- WHO declares Ebola outbreak "global health emergency" 1 year