Washington (AFP) US Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta resigns following US billionaire Jeffrey Epstein as part of the abuse affair. He told President Donald Trump on Friday morning about his resignation plans, Acosta said in a joint appearance with Trump in the White House. Epstein is believed to have sexually abused and instigated dozens of minors for prostitution - a former and highly controversial out-of-court agreement with Epstein was negotiated by Acosta, then a prosecutor.
US: US Labor Secretary Acosta backs into billionaire Epstein abusive affair
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
- Government: Epstein affair: US Labor Secretary Acosta resigns 4 months
- US Labor Secretary Announces Resignation 4 months
- Epstein Affair: US Labor Secretary Acosta resigned 4 months
- Epstein affair: US Labor Secretary Acosta resigns 4 months
- Epstein case: resignation of US Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta 4 months