Emergencies: 36 injured after explosion in Paris - five in mortal danger
TIME ONLINE | News, backgrounds and debates
Paris (AP) - In a serious explosion in the middle of Paris, 36 people have been injured, according to the police. Twelve of them were seriously injured and five were in mortal danger, a police spokeswoman said. Originally, the fire brigade had been called to the site of the later explosion on suspicion of escaping gas. The explosion shook the 9th arrondissement in Paris shortly before announced demonstrations of the "yellow vests". The authorities fear a renewed escalation of violence during the protests. Around 5,000 security forces are deployed.
- Emergencies: explosion in downtown Paris - several injured 8 months
- Number of wounded gas explosion Paris rises to 36, 5 in mortal danger 8 months
- Emergencies: Four dead after explosion in Paris 8 months
- Emergencies: Two dead and 47 injured after explosion in downtown Paris 8 months
- Emergencies: found more body after explosion in Paris 8 months