Woody Allen and his wife Soon-Yi Previn responded in a statement to the first episode of a documentary about the director and his alleged abuse, which HBO aired Sunday night.

The couple says they have not been given enough time to respond to the accusations and accuse the makers of only incorporating untruths in the documentary.

"These documentary makers are not interested in the truth," Allen (85) and Previn (50) respond.

"Instead, they worked with the Farrow family for years on a film riddled with untruths."

The couple says they were approached by makers Amy Ziering and Kirby Dick two months ago for a response to the statements made in the documentary, but they only had a few days to do so.

The two have "of course" decided not to participate in the documentary.

"As has been known for some time, these allegations are incorrect. They have been investigated several times. Although Dylan Farrow thinks otherwise, there has never been any abuse. This shoddy documentary will certainly get a lot of attention again, but it does not change the facts. "

In the documentary, which will be broadcast by HBO in the coming weeks, the Farrow family has the floor.

Mia Farrow, for example, talks about the relationship of Allen and Previn, Farrow's adopted daughter with whom the filmmaker has been married since 1997.

There is also talk of the alleged abuse of Dylan Farrow, who was also adopted by Mia Farrow.

The actress and her daughter claim that Allen abused her as a little girl, something the director has always denied.

The documentary makers have previously stated that they do not want Allen's side or others on his side to appear in the project.

70

Watch the trailer for Allen v. Farrow