Teller Report

Now you can see non-English news...

The "Silent Killer" kills two housemaids while they sleep

2020-01-21T22:13:19.644Z

Two Asian maids suffocated by carbon monoxide gas or what is known as the "silent killer", in their room in a villa they work in Bur Dubai, on Saturday. The crime scene director, Colonel Ahmed Al-Marri, told «Emirates Today» that these incidents are repeated During the winter season



Two Asian maids suffocated by carbon monoxide gas, or what is known as the "silent killer", in their room in a villa they work in Bur Dubai, last Saturday.

The director of the crime scene administration, Colonel Ahmed Al-Marri, told «Emirates Today» that these incidents are repeated during the winter season, as the two victims used a stove for heating by coal, and they fell asleep without realizing the seriousness of this behavior, and due to the lack of air in the room, the monoxide gas was overwhelmed The carbon is on the oxygen in place and died while they slept.

He added that the administration recorded six deaths in similar ways during the past year, but this case is the first of its kind this year, pointing out that there is a weakness in the general culture of some communities about the danger of heating in this way, especially in closed places.

Al-Marri explained that the owner of the villa in which the two maids work, he noticed that they were getting up in the morning from the usual time.

He pointed out that he called the ambulance and confirmed that they died during the examination, then two female experts at the crime scene moved the two citizens, the assistant expert Iman bin Touq Al-Marri and the assistant to Ashwaq Saeed Salem, to the site, and it became clear through the examination that the two maids inhaled the carbon monoxide during their sleep, after they lit the coal In a fireplace to warm the room, pointing out that the house that witnessed the incident is modern and its windows and doors are tightly closed and equipped with sound insulators, so it completely prevented new air from leaking in, which led to a high rate of deadly gas.

Al-Marri explained that the carbon monoxide gas is one of the most dangerous causes of death, and that there are suicides that occur in other countries in this way, because it kills silently without feeling pain and there is no hope of escaping from it if it filled the lungs.

He pointed out that there are two forms of death with this gas inside the state: the first in cold times as it happened in this incident, and the other in cases of conflict between the tenant and the lessor in some homes or real estate, which results in a dispute about the use of electricity, so the tenants resort to operating electrical generators, and conceal them Inside the rooms, the carbon monoxide exhaust that causes the death of the residents in the rooms is released.

Carbon monoxide hazards

The director of the crime scene administration, Colonel Ahmed Al-Marri, stressed the need for the attention of homeowners, real estate and projects, especially on the outskirts of the emirate, to the dangers of carbon monoxide and work to educate their workers, because some security guards in cold desert sites resort to heating in this way, what Leads to their deaths, according to cases recorded by the administration.

Al-Marri said that many support workers in the state come from a different environment, because the homes in their country may not have the same specifications in the homes in the country, whose exits are usually tight to prevent sounds and dust, and prevent the air from renewing in the event of its closure, which threatens their safety if they use Flames in heating.

Source: emara

You may like

Life/Entertain 2019-12-03T09:41:04.242Z
News/Politics 2019-12-19T09:49:11.157Z
News/Politics 2019-10-15T14:46:18.180Z

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2020-02-23T04:37:43.084Z

Latest

news 2020/02/23    

© Communities 2019 - Privacy