It was during Friday morning when Marie would feed her horses that she discovered that the door on the back of the stable was standing. In addition, things lay on the floor. She got the feeling that something was wrong and went into her saddle chamber.
- When I turned on the light, I saw that someone had ripped off the scraper from several saddles and flung the ground. It was messy and it felt like they had acted quickly, she says.
The burglars entered by opening the door with some kind of tool. Three of the saddles plus some ropes had been stolen from the chamber. One of the saddles was custom-built and the total value of the theft goods, according to Marie's calculations, should be around SEK 12,000. But it could have been much more had it not been because Marie had already reacted to the warnings about saddle thefts in the immediate area.Have dog in the yard
- We had already removed some saddles, she says.
Marie adds that she is not alone. Several of her neighbors in Rolfstorp have also been subjected to similar burglaries.
- I'm surprised and angry. It's a pity that you shouldn't be left with your things, says Marie.
This is not the first time that saddles have been stolen in northern Halland. Why didn't you install an alarm?
- I have a lock, a sign that warns of video surveillance and a dog. Then my stall is very far away, so I'm surprised they even found it here. But now we see if we should install alarms, she replies.
The theft has been reported to the police. This is the first time Marie has been exposed.
- Now they were looking for the saddles, but I feel uncomfortable that they might as well have been able to ride on the horses, she says.