Europe 1 with AFP 12:31 pm, June 07, 2023Released Monday in Amiens in the case of the assault of the great-nephew of Brigitte Macron, a 22-year-old man was banned from staying in Paris for three months after his arrest Tuesday, near the starting point of the Parisian demonstration against the pension reform.
A 22-year-old man, released Monday in Amiens in the case of the assault of the great-nephew of Brigitte Macron, was banned from appearing in Paris for three months after his arrest Tuesday near the starting point of the Parisian demonstration against the pension reform, said the Paris prosecutor's office Wednesday.
He had been arrested near the Invalides with a helmet and gloves, said Tuesday a police source. According to the Paris prosecutor's office, questioned by AFP, he was presented Wednesday morning to a delegate of the prosecutor who closed his case, subject to compliance with a ban on appearing in Paris for a period of three months.
Acquitted "with the benefit of the doubt"
The young man was released Monday "with the benefit of the doubt" by the judicial court of Amiens where he appeared with two other men for the assault on May 15 of Jean-Baptiste Trogneux, grand-nephew of the wife of the head of state.
>> READ ALSO – Aggression of a relative of Brigitte Macron: prison for two aggressors
He had presented himself at the bar as a freelance journalist on TikTok. Already convicted of violence, he can neither read nor write and had assured not to have touched Mr. Trogneux. His two co-defendants, with the profile of marginals like him, were sentenced to twelve and fifteen months in prison.