The Busan Fireworks Festival, which had been suspended due to Corona 19, was held in the Gwangalli Beach area for the first time in three years.

With more than 1 million people expected to gather, safety is a concern above all else.

A reporter is on the scene.

Reporter Hong Seung-yeon, is the festival still going on?


Yes, the fireworks festival is slowly coming to an end after most of the performances prepared past 8:00.

Today (17th), I have been watching the situation since daytime at Gwangalli Beach.

Despite the cold weather, many people started to gather right after lunchtime.

This Busan Fireworks Festival is 3 years since it was suspended due to Corona 19.

It was originally scheduled to be held last month, but was postponed due to the Itaewon disaster.

As it has been three years, many citizens have visited this place with their families and friends.

[Heo Ye-seul/Daejeon Seo-gu: We are from Daejeon.

I came up to show the children's fireworks.

I've been waiting so long, so I have high expectations.

I think it will be very flashy and fun.]

[Kim Ji-sun/Sajik Girls' Middle School 3rd grade: (The most) long-awaited friend for 3 hours?

I'm looking forward to being with my friends, and I'm really looking forward to the fireworks.]

As close to 1 million people were expected to gather at this festival, the city of Busan and the police started to manage safety amid tension.

After the festival, a large number of people could flock to nearby subway stations to use public transportation, so 2,900 safety personnel were deployed, an increase of 550 from the past.

In addition, emergency booths and ambulances were placed in various places to respond immediately to emergencies.

A so-called 'DJ police vehicle', which can manage crowds by climbing into a vehicle, and a so-called 'long-legged police officer', which broadcasts announcements from a simple ladder, are also placed in preparation for the risk of accidents.

(Video coverage: Jeong Kyung-moon, video editing: Kim Jong-mi)