▲ The above picture is not directly related to the content of the article.


It was belatedly known that about 30 customers who ate naengmyeon at a naengmyeon restaurant in Gimhae-si, Gyeongsangnam-do contracted food poisoning.

Among them, a man in his 60s was confirmed to have died, and health authorities and police have launched an investigation.



Gimhae City announced today (23rd) that 34 out of 1,000 customers who used a restaurant specializing in naengmyeon from the 15th to the 18th of last month had food poisoning.



Among them, a man in his 60s, who ate naengmyeon delivered from the restaurant, complained of stomach pain and other symptoms of food poisoning, and it is known that he died three days after being hospitalized while receiving treatment at the hospital.



As a result of the autopsy, it was confirmed that the cause of death of Mr. A was septic shock, and salmonella, which causes food poisoning, penetrated into the blood vessels and caused inflammation throughout the body.



On the 19th of last month, the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety inspected the food at the restaurant and found salmonella bacteria in the eggs.



Salmonella is a food poisoning bacterium that is widespread in the intestines of chickens, ducks, and pigs and in nature, and thrives best at 37 degrees.

If you eat food contaminated with Salmonella, symptoms such as abdominal pain and vomiting with fever usually appear 6 to 72 hours later.



Currently, this restaurant has been suspended from operation due to a one-month business suspension from the 17th in Gimhae City.



The police have arrested the owner of the restaurant and are investigating the exact circumstances.

Keywords: