A three-month-old baby girl was taken to the hospital with a fractured skull.

Doctors examining her baby suspected abuse and she called the police.

Her parents are said to have told police that her baby had fallen out of her bed.

Reporter Park Ye-rin reported exclusively.

<Reporter> The

day (6th) around 3:30 pm, a 3-month-old baby girl who lost her consciousness arrived at the emergency room of a university hospital in the metropolitan area.

The parents who came with her baby explained to the medical staff that the baby fell off the bed.

A CT scan of the infant confirmed that she had multiple skull fractures, and she was transferred to a university hospital in Seoul.

A doctor at Seoul National University Hospital, who examined the baby closely, confirmed multiple skull fractures and several swellings, and reported to the police that child abuse was suspected.

As her parents explained, doctors said she believed it was unlikely that a three-month-old baby would fall under her bed on her own.

When the police arrived, the doctor in charge explained the medical staff's findings and confirmed that the baby had two or three bruises on his left cheek.

The doctor in charge explained that the bruises on her face were not injuries that could have been caused by falling out of bed, police said.

The baby's parents were later reported to have stated that the baby, which had been laid on her cushion, vomited while feeding, during a police investigation, she briefly moved to her unguarded bed and then suddenly she had fallen.

The baby is currently being treated in the intensive care unit of Seoul National University Hospital.

The police, who visited the baby's house yesterday and conducted a field investigation, are examining the authenticity of the parent's statements based on the contents of the investigation.

Police plan to call the parents back soon to investigate child abuse.

(Video coverage: Lee Yong, Video editing: Kim Jun-hee, CG: Jeon Yu-geun, VJ: Kim Jong-gap)