Blizzard director J. Allen Brack is stepping down, the game producer reported on Tuesday.
It was previously announced that Activision Blizzard will be sued for discrimination and sexual harassment of female employees.
Brack's departure was announced in an email to staff.
The CEO will be replaced by Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra, who have been with the company for some time.
Brack became Blizzard president in 2018 after Mike Morhaime resigned.
He did not explain his departure in the email, but has said in a statement that he has confidence in his successors.
Last month it was announced that the US state of California has filed a lawsuit against Activision Blizzard.
A supervisor spent two years investigating the work culture within the company and concluded that female employees are discriminated against and sexually harassed.
The indictment states, among other things, that women are paid less than men for the same work and are less likely to be promoted.
Several executives have also harassed women.
The state also writes in the indictment that an employee committed suicide during a company outing.
The woman is said to have had a sexual relationship with a manager.
During the outing, colleagues are said to have distributed nude photos of her.
Activision Blizzard initially called the allegations unjustified, but later said it would open an investigation.
Company employees took to the streets during a strike last week.