The court judged that a survivor's salary should be paid to an office worker who died while on the train to Seoul to meet his family after working in Busan.

Today (19th), the 7th division of the Seoul Administrative Court (Deputy Judge Kook-Hyeon Kim) said that the plaintiff's ruling was won in a lawsuit against the Labor Welfare Corporation for canceling the disposition of non-payment of survivors' benefits and funeral expenses by the family of Mr. A, who died suddenly on the way home from work. It.

Mr. A, who was the head of the planning team of the sales support department of a corporation located in Daejeon, was promoted to the sales support department of the same company in January 2018.

However, in February of the same year, the company moved the office of the sales support department to the Busan and Gyeongnam branch offices, and accordingly, Mr. A started a life of staying at a office in Busan on weekdays and going to Seoul with his family on the weekends by train.

Then, A, who left work before the weekend in June 2018, was found collapsed in the toilet corridor of the Suseo High Speed ​​Rail (SRT) train heading from Busan to Seoul, and was transferred to the hospital after emergency measures, but eventually died.

The cause of death was presumed to be'hypertrophic cardiomyopathy', a cardiovascular disease in which the wall of the left ventricle becomes thick, and acute heart death caused by acute myocardial infarction.

It is known that Mr. A had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy as an underlying disease.

After Mr. A's death, his wife applied for a survivor's salary and funeral expenses to the Labor Welfare Corporation, but the Corporation rejected the payment in April last year, saying that A's work had nothing to do with his death.

However, in an administrative lawsuit filed by Mr. A's wife against the Corporation, the court raised his hand, saying that "a causal relationship between work and death is recognized."

The judge said, "The deceased was suffering from considerable stress because he did not achieve any results even though he moved to the office in order to improve the business performance of the Busan and Gyeongnam branch offices. The long-distance commuting life would have resulted in more fatigue." I admitted.

The fact that A was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and went to the hospital regularly for 20 years to manage the disease became the reason for the decision of the court.

The judiciary judged that, considering Mr. A's health status before moving to Busan, "Spring is reasonable because the underlying disease rapidly deteriorated beyond its natural progression due to the accumulation of overwork and stress on the job."

This is'News Pick'.