The Korea Skating Federation Investigation Committee decided to directly investigate Shim Seok-hee (24, Seoul City Hall), who is suspected of deliberately collided with the short track at the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.

At a press briefing after the first meeting of the investigation team held at the meeting room of the Korea Skating Federation in Songpa-gu, Seoul on the 27th, Yang Bu-nam, vice chairman and chairman of the investigation, said, "We discussed the scope, subject, and method of the investigation." The subpoena investigation will be conducted in a third place if necessary for the effectiveness of the investigation and protection of the privacy of the person concerned.”

Kim Kyung-hyeon, a member of the investigation committee, said in an ambiguous explanation, "An investigation into the parties is necessary."

The investigation is expected to be completed by the end of the year.

“The position of the investigation committee is to complete the investigation as soon as possible,” Yang said.

Shim Seok-hee was caught up in suspicion of an intentional collision when a personal message exchanged with A, a former coach of the national team during the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, was recently revealed.

At that time, Shim Suk-hee sent a message with the nuance of knocking down teammate Choi Min-jeong (Seongnam City Hall) to Mr. A, and Shim Suk-hee actually collided with Choi Min-jeong in the women's 1,000m final.

The suspicion of Shim Suk-hee's 'intentional collision' was raised when the 'attorney's opinion' submitted to the court by former national team coach Cho Jae-beom was revealed through a media outlet.

In a statement after the controversy, Shim Suk-hee said, "I have never thought of falling deliberately in the Olympic final or having to knock down another athlete in the process."

On the other hand, Choi Min-jung's side claimed, "The same situation as the conversation between Shim Suk-hee and Coach A came true, and the conversation continued to praise and delight each other. I did.

(Photo = Yonhap News)