• Dimitri Payet delivered two assists Sunday night against Lorient in the victory of OM (4-1).

  • The playmaker was as good on the pitch as in the mixed zone, whose return was celebrated after a year and a half of absence, because of the Covid-19.

Even an hour after the final whistle, Dimitri Payet continued his recital. Asked about his choice to prefer to serve Arkadiusz Milik rather than Pape Gueye on OM's third goal (85th), the number 10 took out the calculator. And he was as good in the mixed zone, whose return we celebrated after a year and a half of absence (Covid requires), as on the ground. “That's what I told Pope… I calculated that there was an 89% chance that Arek would score, and him 11%. So the choice logically fell on Arek, ”said Payet, making his audience laugh.

Author of a very good start to the season, after a difficult year, the Reunionese was quite simply perfect Sunday night against Lorient.

It's simple, he is involved in all the goals of his team.

First by letting a cross from Guendouzi pass between his legs, to allow Boubacar Kamara to equalize (26th).

And to be forgiven for his ball which had offered a penalty to Lorient (10th).

Then by offering a second goal to Mattéo Guendouzi (57th), also very good.

Before putting on his statistician costume, preferring Milik to Gueye.

Even on Guendouzi's last goal (90 + 3), again it is Payet who comes to snatch the ball from his opponent's feet at the start.

"I was no longer in my smuggler register tonight"

For an accounting balance (decidedly figures evening) of three assists.

His firsts of the season, he who has rather helped out on the attacking front since the start of the season (five goals).

In the absence of Arek Milik, whom he put back on the way to goal for his second start of the season.

And this is only the first time that these two have been lined up from the start ...

📊Dimitri Payet is involved on 18 goals in 17 games played under Sampaoli, 8 goals and 10 assists.

(@Statsdufoot) #TeamOM pic.twitter.com/9fydteufL2

- Guillaume Tarpi (@GuillaumeTarpi) October 17, 2021

“I find myself in the heart of the game, less in front, less as a 9 and a half, false 9. In front of me I have Arek and the eccentric who make calls.

So there, I was more in my passer register tonight.

And so much the better if it was effective, it allows us to score.

We stayed in a match without having scored in Lille [2-0 defeat], so it's good to put in four tonight, ”explained the OM conductor.

" This must stop "

Beyond his decisive actions, Payet always played the right tempo, making the right choice with a technique well above average. It was an all-you-can-eat "casters and heels" menu. “I have always said that the gesture is good but that it must remain effective. So as long as it remains effective, so much the better. We were keen to make this evening special because it was. We dedicate this victory to the Boss, to his family and to those close to him, ”launched a Dimitri Payet who had decidedly donned the costume of the ideal son-in-law on Sunday evening. Like when he went to the south turn ask one or more supporters to stop throwing balls of paper at the Lorient who was about to take a corner. “I told them it had to stop. It has to stop, and I include our supporters. It affects our championship,our clubs, people, ”he said.

A gala Dimitri Payet therefore, before a week of madness for OM who play Thursday against Lazio in the Europa League, before receiving PSG next Sunday.

And given the (good) management of Sampaoli with his playmaker since the start of the season, something tells us that we will only see Payet for one of these two shocks.

Sport

OM - FC Lorient: The Marseillais honor Bernard Tapie and return to the podium ... Relive this match with us

Sport

OM: "He had to stop a little bit" ... Jorge Sampaoli justifies the sidelining of Steve Mandanda

  • FC Lorient

  • Dimitri Payet

  • Marseilles

  • Soccer

  • League 1

  • OM

  • Sport

Keywords: dimitri payet, statistician, start, om, absence, zone, ball, reunionese, schoolmaster, covid, season, playmaker, assists, half, choice