It is through a text of condolences that King Pelé gave his news on Wednesday.

"I'm recovering well," said the former football legend on social networks, in a message to famous Brazilian singer Roberto Carlos, who lost one of his children to cancer the same day.

Pelé (80 years old) had been operated on Saturday for a "suspicious" tumor in the colon.

This had been discovered during routine examinations, explained Monday the Sao Paulo hospital where the only triple world champion in history is located (1958, 1962, 1970).

In this medical bulletin, it was specified that the former player was doing well, and that he was in an intensive care unit after this operation.

The hospital said Wednesday that there was nothing new, without specifying whether Pelé, already the victim of several health problems in recent years, had left this intensive care unit.

Sport

Brazil: Pelé operated on for a "suspicious" colon tumor

Sport

PSG: Long before Messi, when the Parisian club thought of recruiting the Brazilian Pelé

  • Brazil

  • Health

  • Soccer

  • Sport

  • Pele

Keywords: