The sanction has fallen.
The prefect of the Alpes-Maritimes announced Monday evening the closure "for the next four matches played at home" of the Popular South stand of the Nice stadium after the throwing of projectiles which led to serious incidents on Sunday during the Nice-Marseille match.
“Faced with the seriousness of the incidents that have occurred, without waiting for the sanctions that it is up to the Professional Football League (LFP) to decide, the prefect of the Alpes-Maritimes took the following decisions this evening: closing the People's South tribune where the incidents broke out for the next four matches played at home, ”wrote Prefect Bernard Gonzalez in a press release.
A man in custody
A 28-year-old man, suspected of having struck an OM player during the incidents was also arrested and taken into custody on Monday at the end of the day, AFP learned from police and judicial sources. .
The man was arrested in Mandelieu-la-Napoule (Alpes-Maritimes), said the police source.
"It would be a priori a Nice supporter," Nice prosecutor Xavier Bonhomme told AFP.
Sunday evening, three minors had already been arrested around 10:30 p.m. during the overflows.
They were handed over to their families and were not taken into custody, the police source detailed.
The match of the 3rd day of Ligue 1 between Nice and OM was interrupted on Sunday in the 75th minute after supporters invaded the pitch following an incident which set fire to the powder: yet another bottle in plastic thrown at Marseille player Dimitri Payet, whom the latter sent back to the stand.
After more than an hour and a half of interruption, the meeting was definitively stopped, the Marseillais refusing to resume the match.
The Nice prosecutor's office announced on Monday the opening of several investigations, in particular for "throwing projectiles" and "aggravated willful violence".
The LFP convened the two clubs on Wednesday in the disciplinary committee.
Nice-OM incidents: A man arrested and placed in police custody
Nice-OM incidents: The LFP finally comes out of silence and summons the two clubs on August 25 in the disciplinary committee